At Australian Paper, we are committed to an environmentally responsible approach across all our operations. Our fundamental commitment is to go beyond regulatory compliance with a range of positive initiatives for environmental responsibility.
Sustainable base paper sourcing from responsible suppliers
“Our fundamental commitment is to not only ensure that as a minimum we comply with the laws of all the regions in which we operate, but we also seek to go beyond just compliance with a range of positive initiatives.”(Australian Paper)
This includes sourcing a substantially large proportion of our base paper from the Australian mills of Australian Paper. Australian Paper implements measures which ensure that the fibres used for the production of its paper products are responsibly managed for long-term viability and that at no time is any of the fibre sourced from old-growth forests. Visit Australian Paper’s On Paper website to learn more about all the ways that Australian Paper is delivering quality products from sustainable natural resources.
Fibre is the major input to our manufacturing operation and certification is a key part of this commitment. Australian Paper is Chain of Custody certified to the Australian Forestry Standard; the only standard in forestry management which is accredited by Standards Australia®. The Australian Forestry Standard is also endorsed by the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC™); the world’s largest forest certification organisation.
Our Chain of Custody certification includes all Australian made Tudor envelopes manufactured at Preston, Victoria. Chain of Custody ensures that Australian Paper can track certified wood through all phases of transportation and manufacturing from the forest manager to the final product and delivery to the end consumer.
For a copy of the AFS CoC Standard visit Forestry Standard for more information.
Environmentally responsible manufacturing
At our Preston facility:
- All printing uses water, alcohol, rubber and/or UV-based inks.
- Each month, we recycle a number of materials from our operations including waste cardboard, paper and plastic (LDPE).
Tudor eco – recycled envelopes and stationery products
The Tudor eco range provides environmentally conscious consumers with the option to choose office products made from recycled materials. By choosing Tudor eco stationery you can make a difference to our environment. Tudor eco products help:
- Replace oil-based plastic alternative products with renewable resources.
- Reduce demand on virgin fibre source and consumption of water.
- Recycle and Reuse waste products otherwise would go into landfill.
The Tudor eco product range includes:
- Envelopes* (window and plain face available in DL, DLX and C4 size) made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper (peel strip and window not recycled).
- Manilla folders* made from 100% post-consumer recycled board.
- Dividers* (5 and 10 tab) made from 100% post-consumer recycled board.
- Suspension files* made from 100% post-consumer recycled board (plastic tabs and steel suspension bars not recycled).
- Office pads made from 100% recycled covers and pages
- A4 and A5 Notebooks made from 100% recycled covers and 70% recycled pages (double wiro binding now recycled).
- A4 Exercise Books made from 100% post-consumer recycled covers and 60% recycled pages.
- A4 Binder Refill Books made from 100% post-consumer recycled covers and 60% recycled pages.
*Packaging is made from post-consumer recycled board printed using vegetable based inks. For further information on the full Tudor eco product range, terminology and the Tudor eco story visit www.tudoreco.com.au